//Written by Francisca Gomez//
Quesadillas are a great dish to make for company, or to snack on. They are very easy and quick to make, and you can make them as simple or as sophisticated as you want. The basic recipe below includes only cheese and ham, but you can also add sautéed bell peppers with onions, chopped tomatoes, chili peppers, pico de gallo, etc. You can also serve with guacamole and refried beans on the side.
|Servings||Makes 4 quesadillas|
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||5 Minutes|
|Total Time||20 Minutes|
4 flour or corn tortillas
1/3 pound processed mozzarella
2-3 slices of ham
1. Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. (Tip: if you want your quesadillas crispy, set the oven to high temperature broil instead).
2. Grate the cheese, cut the ham into smaller pieces, and prepare any other vegetables or condiments that you will add to your quesadillas.
3. Spread the tortillas on a baking sheet and spread the cheese over each, concentrating it in the center of the tortilla.
4. Put the tortillas in the oven for 2-2.5 minutes.
5. Take the tortillas out and spread the toppings over the cheese. Fold the tortillas in half.
6. Put the quesadillas back in the oven for another 2-2.5 minutes.
7. Remove the quesadillas from the oven, and eat hot.